We're Thorny Games, an award-winning analog game studio out of Washington, D.C.
We make immersive games that help people build worlds together. Much of our work centers on the innate power and playfulness of language; we make games that help people see new things about identity and culture through how we communicate. Our background lives at the intersection of design, math and linguistics. We stuff this energy into making compelling games that are affecting, persuasive and fun.
Say hi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sometimes We Talk ...
We're always eager to spread the good word of play — be it for tabletop, language, RPG or larp. Here's a taste:
▪ Living Games 2018: Keynote
▪ 2018 Full Indie Summit: Language in Games
▪ Indiecade 2017: Language Game Design Microtalk
▪ Metatopia 2017. Game Evolution: The Process Of Design Iteration with Jason Morningstar
▪ 2016 GenCon Industry Insiders. Panels given include: Language and Games, Designing with Empathy, Gaming & Community, Improv for Roleplaying, Beyond Combat